19/01/2012

Review: Dresses

I got a bit carried away recently and bought a load of dresses in a particular style. I can't explain why but at the moment I really love skirts or dresses with a drape front skirt but I have found it almost impossible to find one to suit me.



I originally bought these two from inlovewithfashion.com. 

I've seen them featured and look amazing on other fashion bloggers and liked the style and colours they were available in, it was almost too difficult to choose one (or two). I'd also previously bought a wine coloured dress from their range which I talked about here (that I am still absolutely in love with) so had no qualm ordering with them online.
And though they are beautiful, they were incredibly short, so much so if I were to move even a whisper you would see more than you would at Stringfellows.
So I then tried a similar version from Topshop, which fit amazingly but I had the same problem, far too short (and also turned me into a ball of friction, literally any time I touched anything I would get a massive electric shock).
I'd almost given up on finding anything in this style until I was perusing the ASOS Sale and found this number which was reduced to half price. But yet again. Same problem (also the material looked really cheap and shiny)


Maybe its just me? I'm 5'6 so i'm not short but probably shorter than any of the models or some of the bloggers that have worn it and none of them look like they're in danger of a 'oh nice underwear by the way' moment. so I either have too big a bum, making it look shorter or I have become a prude?

Either way the hunt continues. Any recommendations welcomed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment