20/05/2012

Nail Art Tattoos

Things have finally calmed down after the build up from my friends wedding so I actually have time to do things, like blog. It was an amazing day and I can't believe how quickly it came and went. 
I only had a small part in the wedding but gosh that stressed me out, I can only imagine how the bride felt. As it was a close friend it felt like there was so much prep work leading up to the big day. Maybe it would of been different if we weren't as close or if it was someone I didn't know as well. But it was the first wedding from our group so it was a really important day for me and my friends so I wanted to put extra effort into everything.
Firstly was the table plan (which I'll post later this week) but also the choosing of the outfit, tanning, even the planning of what to do with the nails (I'm a devil for detail). 
My dress was quite floral (the dip back dress in my last post) and my blazer and shoes were a coral pink. I originally was going to paint my nails a matching pink but I did a trial run and they looked a bit too Barbie (especially with the fake tan and blonde hair.)

Bag - H&M
Rings - Pretaportabello
Nail Varnish - Rimmel Matte top coat & Nails Inc Elizabeth Street

So I decided to go for a nude pink and went for a matte top coat. I had also bought some Nail Tattoos from Topshop so chose some swallows, which I put on the thumb and middle finger so they weren't too plain and boring.

I really liked how they turned out and was so much easier and quicker than trying to draw something.
Only downside was I think I put on the top coat too quickly so it made the nail transfer crack a little but I left a bit more time before I did the others and they were fine.
Apologies in advanced if the next couple of blogs are all wedding related in someway. Like I said I'm all about the prep and detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment