23/04/2012

S/S 12 Trend - Waterfall / Mullet Hemline Skirt

This has to be one of my favourite styles that has emerged this year. The waterfall hemline, also known as the 'high-low' or less attractively known as the 'mullet', has come back in style for summer.
I used to see it a lot on eBay when I was scouring for vintage pieces that had been reworked but I'm glad its gone mainstream. Seen on the  spring/summer 2012 runways at shows like Diane von Furstenberg and Alexander McQueen, it has been a popular style that's been popping up in a number of high-street shops.
I particularly like it because unlike some maxi skirts which I often find too short this combines both a mini/midi with a maxi skirt and I personally find is quite a flattering shape.





1. Pleated Dip Hem Skirt £32, Topshop
2. Bright Blossom Hem Dress £46, Topshop
(Middle image - M.K @ beware-of-my-heels.blogspot.co.uk
3. Love Rose Aysmetrical Maxi Dress £48, Love
4. Skirt with Aysymmetric Hem £22.99, Zara


 I have a few I can wear with tights at the moment but I'm particularly looking forward to wearing pastel versions when (if) the sun comes out and summer truly begins. 




No comments:

Post a Comment