09/04/2012

Pintrest

I'm not sure where the time is going at the moment. One minute it's February, the next we're well into April and I'm not quite sure what I've been doing in between.
My friend asked me last year to create her wedding table plan (which I was thoroughly honoured to be asked to do) but with it less than a month away I realised I needed to get a move on and between that and working, everything else (including blogging) has taken a back seat.
Though ashamedly I should admit, that I've also been spending far too much time on Pintrest. I'm sure most of you of heard of it by now but if you haven't I wrote a short article about the basics here.


It gets pretty addictive (as you can see I've been pinning quite a bit) because it's so easy to use and it's all visual. You can pretty much pin anything.
The flaw I find is that it's often difficult to search for a specific term like 'platforms' or 'pink lipstick' as it all depends on what is put in the description by the pinner. I've typed in before looking for interior design schemes and pictures of food have come up.
However it's still a relatively new social network site in comparison to say Twitter or Facebook and they seem to be making improvements regularly.
The other sort of grey are is the copyright of images. Whatever you pin, the responsibility lies on you rather than Pintrest so if someone is going sue over copyright at the moment they would sue you.
It doesn't seem to have stopped the masses however, as it's now supposedly the third largest social networking site but it will be interesting to see what happens in the future or what will happen to the site when the first lawsuit happens (which will undoubtedly happen at some point)
Are you on Pintrest?


No comments:

Post a Comment