06/02/2012

Food: Macaroons

While in Paris, I felt like I was constantly drooling over the amazing pastries and cakes (the french certainly know how to bake). The one thing I didn't get to try were macaroons. They were everywhere and yet we never got a chance to stop and buy some. The most famous stop for amazing macaroons are ones from LadurĂ©e. Though they are crazy expensive for such little things, the packaging and detail are enough to make you want to buy them alone.



If you don't know what a macaroon is, it's basically a light, baked meringue-style biscuit with a thin flavoured filling.
I found this recipe online and was surprised to find that you don't actually need that many ingredients.
The next occasion that arises for some baked goods I am going to definitely try making macaroons. They are so elegant and cute, perfect for a homemade present.


No comments:

Post a Comment