09/02/2012

I saw this picture recently and really wanted to try a reverse cuticle manicure.


As it snowed this weekend, meaning I didn't go out Saturday night I decided to give it a try. I chose to use two shades I got recently from the Daphne Guinness range for Mac. Hyperion- which is like a frosty blue/grey shade and Blueblood- a deep plum/purple.


I first tried using cuticle strips to help create a smooth line around the cuticle but they didn't curve enough and kept ruining the nail polish base.

(excuse my horrendous chapped cuticles)

In the end I went free hand style and though not perfect I quite like the effect and the colours together.  With a bit more practice I think I could make it look a bit neater and would look great with any nail colour combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment